Senior Network Engineer
Industry: Systems Infrastructure
Role: Senior Network Engineer
Experience: 5-8 years.
Required Skills: Good understanding of Protocols like HTTP / HTTPS / DNS / DHCP / SNMP / SMTP etc.
Job Type: FULL TIME
Contact Email: email@example.com
Mobile: 040 - 48 49 50 51
- Act as a strong consultative resource for FactSets clients, vendors and internal leaders.
- Project manage business and network team initiatives
- Configure Cisco / Arista Routers / Switches F5 / A10 Load Balancers to provide services that successfully integrate into our clients, vendors and FactSets own internal networks
- Build solid & long lived interpersonal relationships with FactSets clients and internal stakeholders
- Serve as an escalation point for network down emergencies and layer 1-7 network troubleshooting
- Research, design and implement new connections to market data providers and other 3rd parties
- Streamline existing and new processes using templates, automation and workflow systems
- Willing to lead and mentor Junior Network Engineers and help them achieve their career and project goals.
- Participate in Shift rotation for Saturday coverage.
- BS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Relevant experience of 5-8 years.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and to grasp new technologies easily.
- Maintain knowledge of present and emerging technologies.
- Thorough understanding of following technologies and tools.
- Routing protocols
- LAN switching
- Sound understanding and expertise on Application Load Balancers.
- Experience with BGP, EIGRP routing protocols.
- Router / Switch architectures. FactSet Systems India Pvt. Ltd.
- Good understanding of Protocols like HTTP / HTTPS / DNS / DHCP / SNMP / SMTP etc.
- Broader understanding of Cloud Computing technologies like AWS and Azure.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and isolate technical issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be a cohesive member of a group. Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders and service providers, both internal and external.
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
- Multiple Cisco / Other Vendor Professional Certifications.
- Familiarity with common network automation tools
- Python, Perl or other scripting language
- Ansible, Salt or other automation tools
- REST APIs
- YAML, JSON and other data models
- Competence in some of the following technologies:
- LAN Switching
- Optical Networking
- Load Balancers
- Wireless Networks
- Solid, and intuitive understanding of WAN & LAN technologies and how each device, protocol or system interacts as part of the network as a whole
- Experience designing networks, not only implementing and supporting
- Graphic design skills are desirable as part of the candidate’s ability to present well-reasoned and clearly communicated solutions
- Financial industry experience and/or a background in a large enterprise network
- Competency in programming languages and/or scripting
- Experience with Unix, Linux, and Windows operating systems
- CCIE / Equivalent certification in any stream is a definite plus